WHAT WILL CAUSE IT TO CUT OFF GOING DOWN THW ROAD

2002 Kia Sportage

When it reaches 80 degrees outside my car will just shut off. I can turn around and crank it back up and make it alittle farther down the road before it shuts off again
Sunnystormy

You need to see what is missing. By this, I mean if it is loosing fuel or spark.

I would also check and see if there are aney pending codes in the computer. It might give you a hint where to look.

Djcl
I put it on a machine it read a code that was two of my oxygen sensor replaced those put on a fuel value and blew out the canister aqnd still doing the samething

Sunnystormy
A code never identifies a bad part, just a failed system.
I think you need some help here. Go to a shop and let them at least diag it for you to determine the failure.

Its your catlyic converter(s). Change them, or cut them out and put straight pipe if u don't have emissions and are on a tight budget. There part of the exhaust system under the car. When they get clogged, which they do, they cut off the exhaust flow, thus chokes the vehicle out because air can't come in if it can't get out. And combustion can't take place without air, fuel and spark. Could be other things too, but given the temperature varible that sounds like what it is.

Joshuasulwer
Volumetric Efficien

Do you have to wait or it just fires up when it cuts off?

Monitor fuel pressure if its the fuel pump failing it would show as a sore thumb-