KIA SPORTAGE BRAKE FLUID PROBLEM

2002 Kia Sportage • 142,000 miles

I noticed brake fluid on my firewall behind where the Master Cylinder in mounted, took it off and replaced it with a new unit, bench bled it before mounting it, wiped some of the excess fluid out of the booster. Mounted the new MC pumped the brake pedal, held, and bled the reservoir lines. Full pedal, dry lines, then I start the engine and drive it for about 1 mile I come back and the reservoir is 1/2 empty, and its leaking out of the overflow. No brake fluid on the inside of all 4 wheels, dry on the firewall now. Only fluid I see coming out is from the overflow tube after driving. Please help? Thank you for any advice!

What overflow tube?

There is a tube at the bottom rear R/S facing out. My old resevoir didnt have this tube made on it, and Duh.I think I will take the new resevoir and replace it with the old one, but I dont understand why the new one came with that tube. The part #'s were double checked for accuracy? What would that tube be for? Thanks Roy, I appreciate the reply! Glenn

Glennsmith
It was for one with a hydraulic clutch. Assembly

You think switching reservoirs will do it?

Glennsmith
Yes it will. Be carefull removing the 2. They are tight fits

Thank you sir, you guys are great! I appreciate your expert advice, have a great evening, you made my day! Glenn

Glennsmith