TIMING BELT QUESTION

2002 Kia Sedona • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 137,000 miles

I was doing some reading and came across this:

A worn timing belt can result in trouble codes from the camshaft or crankshaft sensors, causing a dashboard warning light to be lit.

Well I have my CEL on and it is giving a code that the crankshaft sensor is the problem. My van has 140,000 miles and probably is in need of a belt change. So if it is the belt how do you know it's that and just not a bad sensor?
Dn4192

Open it up and inspect the timing belt and make sure the valve timing is correct if so-replace the CPS and see what happens

I am having all belts replaced this friday due to unknown age of them. CEL came on a week ago while driving showing code for CS issue. Also van would stall, then restart, stall restart and such.

Dn4192
Have the fuel pressure check to rule a failing fuel pump-also what is CS

CS: Crank Shaft issue, that was the code given by the car when the CEL came on.

Dn4192
Check and test the CPS if its causing the CEL to lit-Have you tried erasing it and won't go away

As soon as dealership read code I drove van home and have not driven it since, will drive it back to dealership on Friday to have full repairs done. CEL came on after the 2nd time the engine shut down on me and would not start right back up. Started back up after a few tries.

Dn4192