JAGUAR XJR ENGINE PROBLEM

2002 Jaguar XJR • 86,989 miles

My xjr says asc and trac not available. Also it has check engine light on and abs light on. The car runs just doesn't pick up speed fast I cleaned the front wheel speed sensors idk what it could be. Is it that one engine bank is working?

You will have to scan for fault codes these will indicate what the problems are.

Mhpautos
Jaguars are very fussy about battery voltage. Try charging it up to 100% and see if it goes away. The other stuff listed below is very easy. If you can change your oil, you can do this.

Some of the common things that make weird electrical problems are poor contact with the ground wires. Make sure your neg cable is clean (as well as the positive). Also clean it were it connects to the body. Both are in the trunk, under the spare tire cover. The engine ground is under the car on the passenger side. Remove and clean both contact areas. It goes from the transmission connecting to the cars body.

Clean your mass air flow sensor (buy the proper cleaner) with Mass Air Flow sensor spray being super careful not to damage the wire. You can also clean out the plastic intake tube coming from the M.A.S. To the throttle body. Might as well clean your throttle body. Just take off the intake tube, spray carb cleaner down it and wipe until clean. Don't forget to hold open the throttle blade. Helps to have a friend press down on the gas.

Afterwards you can remove the neg battery cable and touch it to the positive (red) terminal for 30 secs. That will clear any codes, starting you off fresh. They'll come back if something else is wrong, but changes are pretty good this will take away the Cruise control/DSC Inopert message. It did for me.

GGabrielK