JAGUAR X-TYPE SENSOR PROBLEM

2002 Jaguar X-Type • 86,000 miles

My jaguar has a misfire on 1 3 And 5 I had the spark plugs changed and the coils but it still the same now a garage tells me it's a lambda sensor and the catalyst is it likely to be the catalyst
Khrisstofflam

Sounds like they are guessing. Time for a new shop.

Start with checking for vacuum leaks, codes and compression. Start with basics

I've had a check for vacuum leaks and it came back fine the garage are telling me it has a code showing for the lambda value but I may need a new catalyst could it just be the lambda value and how likely is it to be the catalyst as I get the feeling they are trying to get me to have a new one before the lambda value

Khrisstofflam
The o2 sensor code is from the missfiring cylinders. It is trying to adjust fuel mixture. It will go away once the missfires are corrected.

As far as the cat converter, a back pressure test will confirm it being bad

Could you please shine any light one my problem i've already frone a lot of money at it and I maybe about to frow a lot more at it and I don't have much conference in the garages any more

Khrisstofflam
Without me seeing and touching it with my own tools, I can only give you my opinions based on my expierence.

Look for another shop. You need one with a jag as most systems you need a good tech to diag for you.