SMELLS LIKE SPOILED MEAT WITH BLOWER ON-MECHANIC THINKS A MOUSE GOT INTO THE SYSTEM-HOPEFULLY A CABIN FILTER REPLACEMENT WILL DO THE TRICK

2002 Hyundai Sonata • 156,000 miles

HI
Can you give me step by step instruction on how to change a cabin filter on a 2002 hyundai sonata?
Riebed

Why do think he died on the cabin air filter?Thats highly unlikely most of the ones I have seen were killed by the blower fan and thats were the mouse will most likely be on the blower fan wheel or close by it.

Thanks-I am going to drop the blower moter anyway-it looks real easy-and then I can just clean the cage well

Riebed
Alright let me know how it goes. Also I would get a ac duct cleaning kit the expanding foam kind. After you have found your animal.

Sure enough ther was a dead mouse decomposing on the blower wheel-I removed it cleaned out the blower well as good as I could-some residual mild oder, but I hope it will graually go away as time goes on-or I will get the AC duct cleaning kit-but thanks again for your help

Riebed
Your welcomes thats what were here for. Thats what I thought with my rodent expernice thats where they usually die when there in the ducts.I have been usuing the parts master ac duct duct cleaning kit it has the foam that goes in the ac drain and the spray that goes in the ac fresh air duct later