I HAVE A 2.4 NO ABS. I DRIVE ABOUT 5 MILES AND BRAKES LOCK UP. I DISCONNECT HOSE FROM BOOSTER AND IT RELEASE BRAKES. I REPLACED BOOSTER WITH A USED ONE AND IT DID THE SAME THING. I INSPECT MASTER CYLINDER AND NO FLUID LEAK AT MASTER BE

2002 Hyundai Sonata • 125,000 miles

I replaced power brake booster
Ajthecardoc

When this happens, do all brakes lock up or just start to drag? Have you reciently replaced the master cylinder? Have you examined the booster check valve?

I have a Sonata 2005 2.7(V6)GLS NO ABS NO Traction Control drive about 4-8 miles depending on the temp. Cooler it takes a little longer, the front brakes lock up till you cannot move. Have redone the whole braking system new everthing ! This car only has 61,521 miles has been maintained well never experience anything else, no noises or anything. Replaced front pads last year. This started out of the blue while driving home, no indication of anything till all of a sudden. Frustrated, and confused cause noone seems to know what the problem is, I have replaced several parts from auto store to another. My car seems to use '04 parts and '05 parts. Have not taken to dealer as of yet, have a personal mechanic by trade that does everything for this car and he cannot figure this one out. HELP! HELP!

Lberry01
Did you check the brake pedal to booster push rod adjustment?