WHY DOES MY CRV SEEM TO PPUT ITSELF IN PARK WHILE IM DRIVING?

2002 Honda CRX • 110,344 miles

While driving my 02 awd CRV seems like the transmission locks up and instantly go back into drive. It stops so abruptly and so hard it feels like I will be thrown through the windshield. No check engine lights come on. I brought it to a local garage and he hooked it up to a snap on diagnostic computer and said there were no codes. He did however say that when he put it in drive solenoid's a, b and c were oh but d was not. He did not know what that meant. I have flushed the transmission fluid about 10kku ago for the first time and then again the other day after this happened. It even sounds like a popcorn maker while driving it now so I have parked it. My local Honda garage has never heard of such a problem because cvr transmissions are usually bullet proof. Any ideas on where to start? A friend said it sounds like a cv axle is bad.
Regis.busch

After looking at the wiring diagram I would check the transmission range sensor. This is what tells the computer and the transmission what gear it is in. If you have a digital multi meter I can walk you through a few tests.

Racefan966