GRINDING OR SCRAPING NOISE UPON ACCELERATION

2002 Honda Accord • 168,000 miles

2002 Honda Accord coupe (168000miles) makes a grinding noise when pushing the accelerator especially after the car warms up and when first accelerating. The gas pedal was sticking and a mechanic sprayed it with something to remove the gunk but also put something through the system to remove gunk buildup. I also recently had an oil change. A new transmission was installed in September of 2011. The seal at the top of the oil pan was replaced with the oil change and I was told it has a small oil leak at the bottom and to get it checked at the next oil change.
Gmaolet

You need to be specific as to where the noise is coming from otherwise we would not be able to tell you what it is as we would nor be able to understand it.

Did you talk to your mechanic about it?

Actually I ended up taking it to my mechanic after asking this question and found out it was my catalytic converter breaking down. Its been replaced and no noise.

Gmaolet