FORD TAURUS ENGINE PROBLEM

2002 Ford Taurus • 214,000 miles

I would like to know if there is any other vehicle make that would have an alternator that would fit my 2002 taurus wagon, I have a junk yard at my disposal and need to know if anything in it would help me out
Nickeymuma

There's way too many models, years, engine sizes, and current ratings to list. It's easier to see which vehicles are in the yard, then go to rockauto. Com to look up the part numbers to see if they're the same. Some generators are the same but the pulleys are different. You can switch the pulleys between them. Most salvage yards also have Hollander guides that list which vehicles parts will interchange with.

Have you diagnosed what's wrong with your old generator? I can't find a picture of the back of the '02 model, but on older ones there is a test point on the voltage regulator. If testing shows the regulator or brushes to be defective, that assembly can be replaced separately, often without even removing the generator from the engine. On a '94 Tempo, for example, it takes about two minutes to replace it.