FORD TAURUS FUSE PROBLEM

2002 Ford Taurus • 112,512 miles

It wont start New battery 12-6-12, all lights, wipers, and any other power stuff works. When you turn key the starter fuse clicks but nothing else. At first we had stopped and turned it off and it would not start. Checked batt. It is good, all fuses good, 3 relays under hood we check and are good. It sat over night on side of the road and I re-installed the relays after having them check and the car started up but hood would not totaly latch closed. I drove it home and parked it in garage. Husband wanted the hood to be closed all the way as I used my butt to make it latch. And it would not restart after that?
Have check all basic fuses and the are good? Any ideas what I should check now? : ( Rebecca

I am on Disability and have a very low income so any help I can get is greatly appreciated.
BadcarFT02

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

I can get one. But I would not know what to test and what it should be if it is not showing the right things?
What kind of multi meter do I need any way?

The oil/brake light has been coming off and on for weeks and I just checked it and it is dangerously low, planing to fill it tomorrow. As that sure wont hurt things. Lol

BadcarFT02
So is the starter making a clicking noise while trying to start it?Are sure the engine isn't locked up?

Last night I removed 3 relay fuses and my friend took me to have them tested and they said that they are good so I went back to the car and put in the relay fuses and checked all of the other fuses and they are all good too. So I decided to see if it would start, key went in and it started right up like there had never been anything wrong. So I drove it home and it ran great backed it into garage and turned it off. Restarted it again and it ran great shut it off and closed hood but it did not want to fully latch so I used my butt to force it closed. Tried to start it again and nothing happened. Kinda weird, starter did not make any noise. Would have thought it was battery but all the light work.

BadcarFT02
Alright when it won't start see if you have power at the starter on the white wire with a pink stripe while tryingto start it?Also if you have power then try tapping on the starter with a hammer while trying to start it.