ARE THE LOWER CONTROL ARMS THE SAME FOR A 4WD AND A 2WD EDGE WITH TORSION BAR SUSPENSION?

2002 Ford Ranger • 160 miles

Several parts dealers do not recognize a ford ranger edge with torsion bar suspension that is 2wd. They only list a torsion bar suspension on 4wd. I believe the control arms they show for a four wheel drive are the same for my 2 wheel drive. I do have torsion bars, not coil springs. I'm a disabled vet and I have a 13 year old who is also disabled. We need this truck for medical trips, so I need to get these parts asap, but the VA does not give me enough to buy the wrong parts. Thank you!
Mike Tousley

A 2 wheel drive ford ranger does not have a torsion bar front suspension. You'll have to make sure you check as to what it is. If this is a foreign country model then it can possibly be different.

After checking the FORD manual I did see a Torsion bar setup for a 2 wheel drive system. You might give FORD a call on their 800 number and explain what problem you have and they may be able to com e up with apart number for you.

Thank you, This truck is American made, it is 2 wheel drive, and it does have torsion bars as did a lot of the Ranger Edges. I will see if I can find an 800 number for ford, but it seems after they sell them, they really don't stick their neck out to help new owners of older vehicles. Anyway, thanks. I'm a disabled Vet with another disabled in a family of 4, we desperately need this truck running. Sorry, the VA does not pay worth the lungs I gave, we will be needing every cent to get the right parts. Again, thanks.

Mike Tousley
Well the torsion bars may be the sameones that they use on a 4wdranger.I would suspect that they are.