MY DIPSTICK TUBE BROKE OFF. IS THERE A PART THATS MISSING FROM THE TUBE OR ENGINE THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED, TO PUT THE TUBE BACK IN?

2002 Ford Focus • 115,000 miles

THe dipstick tube broke off. Can I fix myself or have to take it to a mechanic. What is missing that I would need?
Dmartin01

This part is pressed into the block. Youll need to remove the piece still in the block. Buy a dip stick tube. Youll see the part thats still in the block on the new tube. You can screw a course screw in the hole. Then try and pry the broken piece out of the block by prying with plires or wire cutters and a screwdriver for leverage to help pull it out. If no youll need to have a tech remove it. Then you just tap the new one in.

Cadieman
Cadieman, I had a mechanic look at it and he basically did what you said. He said that the part that broke off, was so flush to the block, (welded to block) that there was no way to get it out. He mentioned that it would be more extensive work, and that he would have to go through the oil pan, take off other parts, but no gaurantee that it will be able to come out. Is this fixable w/o the large expense?

Dmartin01
Youll need a easy out kit.U basicly install a tap then u us the tool to pull it out. This guy either doesnt know how to remove it or he likes your money.

Cadieman
TAKE A 1/4 -3/8 STEEL ROD----WHATEVER WILL GO INSIDE THE HOLE

LETS MAKE IT AT LEAST 2 FEET LONG

ON ONE END, GRIND THE SIDE OF THE ROD STARTING AT MAYBE 1/2 FROM THE END---UP TO 3-4 INCHES UP

THE REST SHOULD FALL INTO PLACE

SEE DIAGRAM

Good idea. IF you use the slide hammar, make sure you are only catching the broken tube so nothing gets broken. Other than that, it should come out.

Being as though I am a female whos is not mechanically inclined, do any of ou live in Dallas. Or can recommend someone who can do this? I am due for another oil change. I will ask if they can do it there at the mechanic shop. Any more suggestions are welcomed. And I Thank You for all the help that has been given.

Dmartin01
NOT BEING THERE

HERE'S AN INEXPENSIVE SOURCE I USE

THEY WILL KNOW THE DEAL

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/ford-f-150-2001-ford-f-150-rear-door

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES