FORD EXPLORER FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2002 Ford Explorer • 10,000 miles

Replaced fuel pump relay couple months ago and everything fine. Car abruptly stopped running like ran out of fuel and had to replace fuel pump. Went to start and still wont. What could be the problem
Brandi36

Are you getting spark to the plugs?

Also, is the new fuel pump working

Yes just no fuel
Yes sprayed ether and sparked. Replaced fuel pump and fuel pump relay already. How do u know if new fuel pump is working properly

Brandi36
You need to check the fuel pump pressure at the fuel rail. If the car starts with ether, then you are getting spark. That means you aren't getting fuel. Check to see if the pressure at the rail is within spec and if it is, check to see if the injectors are getting power.

There is no pressure at fuel rail.

Brandi36
There is also no action when the key is turned on

Brandi36
You now need to check to see if there is power to the fuel pump. Before doing that, switch the fuel pump relay with another relay with the same part number. Let me know what you find.

The relay was changed before the fuel pump. If the old pump was bad, could that have caused the relay to go out

Brandi36
All of the afore mentioned has been done after replacing the fuel pump. What about filter? And how do I check for power to the fuel pump

Brandi36
Chances are the relay is fine. You need to remove the fuel tank and check for power at the wiring harness for the fuel pump. Before doing that, just try another relay. It is much easier to do and that COULD be the problem, but chances are it is fine.