FORD EXPEDITION DEALER PROBLEM

2002 Ford Expedition • 170,000 miles

Had the pcm changed out by a ford dealer and they said that we had a bad key and that we would need to get two new keys and have them programmed - so we told them to go ahead with the new keys - they told us that the replacement pcm was faulty so we had another pcm sent to replace the other one and they said that the pcm was working but the truck still wouldn't start - so we brought the truck home and was working on it and we tried the two new keys and it wouldn't start and the theft light on the dash started flashing rapidly so we took the two old keys and tried them and they started the truck - so my question is how do we tell if the new keys were programmed at all and also is there a way to determine which of the two old keys were supposed to be the faulty key that initiated us having to purchase the two new keys for $110.00 we asked the ford dealer if they could tell me which key was faulty and they said there was no way to tell us !
Datadigger

Cant tell about the keys. There is a area in there scanner that can tell the status of the security system.

Does not make any sense but at least it works