SHOULDER BELTS ON 3RD ROW

2002 Ford Excursion • 113,000 miles

Have a 02 xlt excursion. That does not have the 3r row

shoulder belts. I would like to know how they are installed. I am confused on how the hardware attaches. The holes in the head linner and above the wheel well are smooth. Are the bolts self tapping or am I missing something
Grenjeep00

Usually there is a reinforced area where they bolt. Are you sure the vehicle is designed for them?

they have the mounting location in the head liner. Just not sure how they are bolted to head liner or wheel well. The holes are smooth iam not sure if it was a female end or male end at the head liner

Grenjeep00
It would be a female end in the head liner. You need to bolt it in place.

Ok now are the bolts to hold the shoulder strap and assy. Self tapping. The reason I ask is the holes are smooth no threads. I cant access the back of the bolt to place a nut.

Grenjeep00
If it is self tapping, it will have cuts at the end of the threads. Can you do me a favor, can you upload a couple pics so I can see what you are doing and advise. This is a safety issue and don't feel comfortable giving advice without seeing what is being done.

At this time I do not have the seat on hand. They are on order. The photos are for the shoulder mount. Its the same style of mount for the assy.

Grenjeep00
Thanks. The bolts have to be self tapping, and yes that is the correct location. If you take a pic of the bolts, I will tell you if they are self tapping.

Well thats another problem I dont have them. That is what I needed to know. They are ordered with my seat belts. Iam hoping this is going to be an easy job. Iam just waiting for parts.
You have been a great deal of help. When I get the parts in I will send you a photo. They sould be here next week

Grenjeep00
Glad to help. I'll look for the picture. They have to be self tapping or you will have to tap the area first.

Here is the photos of the torx screws that mount into the head liner and fender well.
Thanks for your help

Grenjeep00