FORD CROWN VICTORIA HEATER PROBLEM

2002 Ford Crown Victoria • 287,000 miles

I have a 2002 crown vic interceptor with no dash illumination lights. Yet the back lighting for the heater controls come on and brighten and dim with the switch and the same goes for the lights on the radio. I have checked the circuit board on the cluster for continuity on the illumination circuit and it appears to be fine as well as checked all the bulbs which also checked out ok. I have power on the OG/BK wire 484 (which I thought should be the source to power the illumination to the cluster. I checked the 484 from the lcm to the cluster and it is ok. I even checked it for codes using a scanner and the only b code was for a seat belt I believe it was d/s. I have also checked the power and grounds to the lcm and the cluster. The headlights work as they should on bright and dim.
Ozarkrooster

If the bulbs dont work on the dash, how did you check them to be ok?

How did you check for power on the board in the back of the cluster?

It sounds like a failed cluster

I checked for continuity across the contact pins of the bulbs with a multimeter and also ohmed the illumination circuit on the back of the cluster.

Ozarkrooster
Good move.

If there is power to the cluster from the fuse, which I assume is good from the rest of the bulbs orking, then you have to look around the circuit board for a break in the connection. We used to be ale to replace the printed circuit boards but not anymore.

Did you verify the ground? Try attaching a external ground to see if they light up.

I believe I checked all the grounds at c2220 with my power probe and they appear to be good.

Ozarkrooster
Is the orange with a black stripe the power signal for the illumination from lcm to the cluster?

Ozarkrooster
According to the diagram, it is light blue/red

it is powered by the light control module.

Which connector going to the back of the cluster is the blue/red wire and what is the pin# I believe they are C2220a and C2220b. Also it is an Orange/black wire that illuminates the backlighting for the heater controls.

Ozarkrooster