DODGE STRATUS TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

2002 Dodge Stratus • 80,000 miles

Stratus and limp mode. It will not go into overdrive. I changed both speed sensors. And left the TCM and battery un plugd all night. Tranny fluid is fine not burnt and nice color. No other leaks or vacuum leaks in the vehicle. Could it be the transmission relay or any other relay. If you have had this problem for you know what it could be please let me know.
Clolley

Have a trans guy look at it they aremore familiar with them and their quirks. Check all fuses undrhood as well.

If you do not know about transmissions for about dodge stratuses please do not try to answer a question you do not really know. If you are a certified technician that has spent time in the business dealing with transmission problems like this you have came across many other issues like this. And should know how to fix it. Me paying to have a question answered by a technician that cannot give me an answer but to take it to a transmission shop is a waste of my time and money. I know how to check fuses I do not and cannot check relays. Where is the TCM or transmission relay located?

Clolley
Due to todays transmissions also beignrun by the computer as well as the engine there are certain things that we just don't do and haven't to save the customer money. If the trans is in limp mode there cold be a valve body problem as well as poor connections etc. The tcm is located under the dash but if you don't have naything to check it like apro type scanner then all you can do is look at it. If you think your money hsbeen wasted then recontact me and i'll see that you get it back. Most technicians don't do transmissions due to so many other things that people like yourself think we should for next to nothing.

Yes please send my donation back. 5 dollars for 38 seconds of writing. Is over 200 dollars an hour. So yeah that question was pretty expensive huh? Please send back my donation I won't ask you a question again. Thankx

Clolley
Just to add. Limp mode is a safe mode so you can drive when there is an internal fault in the trans. A lot of times, it will code and give us a hint of the issue. This trans is known for solenoid packs failing and governor issues from metal contamination.

This is why you need someone with a scan tool to look at the readings to determine which direction to go in. When we are here and cannot touch or feel the car, it is difficult to give accurate info on the system

in short, try changing the fluid and filter and look for metal in the pan

Your donation return is already in the works.

Your refund is complete, we are sorry we were not able to help.

2CarPros Mike