I PARKED MY TRUCK IN MY GARAGE FOR 6 DAYS. I CAM BACK AND TRIED TO START IT. BATTERY HAD A DEAD CELL. COULD THIS AFFECT THE ALTERNATOR?

2002 Dodge Ram • 57,000 miles

Yes I am the owner of a 2002 dodge ram 1500 sport. I parked my truck in my garage for 6 days while I was on a trip. I cam back and tried to start the truck and it would not start. I had the battery checked and it was dead from a bad cell. I put a knew one in the truck and it will still not start. Do you know the problem?
IFOLSOM

I put a knew one in the truck and it will still not start. Meaning it will crank over and will no start or just won't crank at all/nothing when key is turn over?

The truck will not turn over, it will just make a click noise.

IFOLSOM
Do below

**No crank at all/nothing/nada when key is engage to starting position

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard.

When I turn the key it makes a click and sounds like it wants to turn but it does not. But you have to pay close attention when turning the key because if not then you will not here it trying to turn over.

IFOLSOM
Try tapping the starter to see if it starts. Check the voltage at the starter it should be the same as the battery.

Cadieman
Even if the starter is brand new? Will it haven given out so quickly?

IFOLSOM
Turn the ignition switch On-short out the battery and the small terminal on the starter motor and see if it'll crank over-if it does-check and test the starter relay, transmission position switch and ignition switch