WHERE ARE THESE SENSORS LOCATED AND HOW TO CHANGE THEM.

2002 Dodge Caravan • 209,000 miles

My 2002 dodge grand caravan doesn't shift properly and jerks when down shifting. I was told it could be the elec, sensors. Where are they located and are they hard to change? Thank you
Fredjohnson

Lets start with what codes do you have?

1698 0442 0455

Fredjohnson
So is there a P in front of those numbers?

I had this same type of problem on my 2000 caravan about 8 years ago. A friend of mine was a transmission mechanic for chrysler for years and had me unplug the sensor on the trans. That he said was for smog related signal and it has ran fine ever since. I want to say if I remember right it was located on the front side of the trans. Near the back of the block. IT'S been a while though. If I get a chance to crawl under in the next few days I will send you an update.

Ronson
Ignore the previous advice as it is nonsense.

Of those 3 codes, only the first one has anything to do with the operation of the vehicle. The second 2 are EVAP emission codes. The P1698 indicates that the PCM is losing communication with the TCM which probably means the TCM is going bad but could be a wiring issue also.

Wrenchtech
The p0455 could be a stuck open canister purge solenoid.I agree with wrenchtech ronsons reply doesnt make sense.