INST PANEL AND RADIO LIGHTS ARE OUT

2002 Dodge Caravan • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 230,000 miles

On my 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan, the interior lights on the instrument panel are out. At night, I can not see the odometer, the rpm or temp etc. Rotating the dimmer control switch changes nothing. (The LEDs for the panel cluster lights work.) Also the radio has no lights. I suspect the fuse, but I cannot find a fuse in the IPM that has a description for inst panel or radio. Is there another fuse panel or inline fuse? I do not suspect the bulb because of the radio lights, also.
Mowax44

It's amazing the engineers found a need to replace simple reliable switches with complicated, unnecessary computers. The lights are controlled by the Body Computer. There are separate circuits for the glove box light, heater controls, sun visor lamps, and power mirror switch light. If any of those circuits are also dead, that would make a stronger case that the computer is defective.

First check fuses 19, 20, and 24 under the hood. The first two are both 40 amp fuses. The last one is a 20 amp.

I got the lights burning again. It was as simple as removing the IOD fuse waiting three (3) minutes and puting it back in and there they were glowing bright.
Thanks!

Mowax44
Dandy. Happy to hear you can see again.