CHRYSLER SEBRING HEATER PROBLEM

2002 Chrysler Sebring • 120,000 miles

Heater is not blowing hot, blows cold all day long but no hot. Checked the blend door and actuators and they are fine. Hoses going into firewall are both hot. What is the problem?
Ripp9375

If the blend doors are working and the heater core is hot, you should have heat. Is the engine warming up to a normal operating temp?

The heater core was not hot at all. The car overheated a few months ago and blew the motor. I had the motor switched out and havent got heat since.

Ripp9375
I had the radiator flushed when the motor was switched, could the sludge that was in the radiator be clogging the heater core? Or should I replace the heater core?

Ripp9375
Yes it could. I would suggest flushing the heater core.

Can I do that or should I take it too a shop, what are the steps I need to take to do that on my own?

Ripp9375
You can do it at home. The flush product you get should have directions. All you do is remove the heater core hoses at the firewall and spray high pressure water through each direction.