2002 Chevrolet Venture Repair Question
Chevrolet Venture Battery Problem
disconnect negative first
CAUTION: Refer to BATTERY DISCONNECT CAUTION .
CAUTION: Batteries generate hydrogen gas, which is extremely flammable and may explode violently if ignited by a spark or a flame. Battery acid is extremely
corrosive and causes severe personal injury if the acid comes into contact with the skin, and blindness if the acid comes into contact with the eyes. In
order to avoid severe personal injury, use extreme caution when servicing the battery or battery related components.
1. Remove and reposition the underhood electrical center in order to provide access for removal of the battery.
Fig. 44: Removing Underhood Electrical Center
Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
2. Remove the front end sheet metal diagonal brace. Refer to BRACE REPLACEMENT FRONT FENDER UPPER DIAGONAL LEFT and BRACE REPLACEMENT FRONT FENDER UPPER
DIAGONAL RIGHT .
3. Remove the battery ground (negative) cable from the battery. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect Procedure.
4. Remove the battery positive cable from the battery.
5. Remove the battery hold down retainer.
Important: Do not tip the battery more than 40 degrees during removal.
6. Remove the battery.
7. remove battery insulator
revese procedure to reinstall
18,722 answers provided