AUTO-ZONE DID A TEST ON MY BATTERY AND TOLD ME MY ALTERNATOR WASN'T WORKING. SO IT DRAINS MY BATTERY. I TOOK IT OFF AND TOOK IT IN TO GET IT TESTED THROUGH THEIR MACHINE AND IT WAS GOOD. I CHECKED ALL THE WIRING SO I DON'T KNOW WHY MY ALTERNATOR WONT WORK

2002 Chevrolet Venture • 180,000 miles

Early this year, my battery light started coming on and originally would turn off after say 15-20 minutes, but eventually stayed on the whole time driving.I changed the battery, but since the light stayed on, someone said it was the alternator and changed it, too. I drove it home and noticed the following, when stopped at an intersection:

- ABS light came on
- Battery light
- Traction Light
- Windows won’t go up or down
- Speedometer won’t work (usually stops at about 25mph or drops to zero)

When you hit the gas at this point, car won’t shift out of 1st gear, but lights usually go out (but speedometer won’t work as well as the window controls).
Drove it home and over the week, the above happened again

If you shut off the ignition and turn car back on, sometimes car resets itself and drives fine. Sometimes it takes several attempts (turning off/on) to reset. Car will drive for several days just fine, then problems will show up and may last for several engine (turning off/on) cycles. But the problem usually showed up at least one day or two per week of driving. If you turn off the ignition and turned it back on, the above sometimes reset, but not always. Sometimes it took turning it off the engine and letting it sit for a while.
Jwjtrain

Have your battery checked, it may have a low charge. Make sure alternator puts out proper voltage with headlights on, it may be low