CAR SLIGHT JERKING OR HESITATION

2002 Chevrolet Malibu • 121,000 miles

I have a 02 malibu, when I am driving at a set speed my car has this slight jerk or hesitation. If I drop it into 3rd or give it a little more gas it goes away. My thought is the fuel pressure regulator?
Karnij

I would not guess about that til you have covered basics. I would look at plugs, wires, coil and module long before you take a shot in the dark with the regulator.

I have done the plugs but not the wires or coil. I will do that, should I redo the plugs also?

Karnij
No, not if you just did them. They will be fine

Ok I changed eveything and I still has the issue. It is like there is a dead spot in the throttle. But I dont have an abnormal idol so I do not think that it would be the tps
any other ideas

Karnij
Is the check engine light on?

No the check engine light has never come on before. I had one mechanic tell me it may be something to do with my overdrive position.

Karnij
Dont think so from your description. I am leaning toward injectors. I think having them professionally cleaned, not with additives, would be money well spent

I did that maybe 40k ago and that is when this started.

Karnij
At least we have a common denominator here. The injectors may be the issue. If it started that long ago, why did you wait so long to address it?

Because the guy I had fix it was a GM Certified Mechanic that I worked with and trusted. I brought this issue up to him and he said that it may be the kick down on the car. He acted like it was no problem.I took him for his word after all this is what he did! It never got better only worse. Maybe it was 20 k ago but either way I know that its not normal and I am trying to correct it. I may not be able to diagnose thing but I can fix them.

Karnij