CHEVROLET IMPALA COOLANT PROBLEM

2002 Chevrolet Impala • 11,900 miles

Antifreeze wasn't staying in my car so a mechanic checked my car and showed me there was a crack in my radiator. I got the radiator fixed and the car was ok for a day or two and I got an oil change as well. Now my car is running hot all the way to the red point and the change oil light is coming on now as well as the low coolant light. There is antifreeze in my car and its staying in but there is a circulation problem because it is not getting to the engine to cool it. My fans are working fine. I am thinking maybe my head gaskets are blown but I have not seen signs of white smoke coming from the exhaust.

Is the coolant level full? If you are getting coolant "IN THE CAR" then you need to check the heater core. If there are no leaks, the system is full, and there are no leaks in the car, try replacing the thermostat or bleeding the system. As far as the change oil light, chances are the place you had the oil changed forgot to reset the computer. Take it back for that.