CHEVROLET CAVALIER FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier • 85,000 miles

Repalced to fuel pumps in this car. Sometimes it will run for days and then it won't start. Pulled the rear seat out wigled the wires and then it started. But now here we are again. Won't start. Can not hear the fuel pump kick on. And it can't be the fuel pump again.
Stephwhaleni

Wiggling the wires and it works inspect and test the wiring could be a break/loose connection on the harness -start here

Not sure if the wiggling on the wire made it work, we have done several other things by hitting on the gas tank and repalced relay and it started. Need to know if there is anything else to replace beside relay and fuel pump

Stephwhaleni
I'll be nice if I know the liter/CID for this vehicle-so I can follow up-I need this info-

Check the fuel pump/injector fuse 15amp in I/P fuse block if its blown

2.2 liter

Stephwhaleni
Is the fuse okay? If so and fuel pump relay is okay too-have the fuel pump relay control circuit to the computer checked/tested

I know it isn't the fuses. Where is the relay control circuit at

Stephwhaleni
Its a wire between the fuel pump relay and the computer-When you turn key on-do you hear the fuel pump come on for a few secs?

No it does not come on at all. This car has a mind of its on. Like I said sometimes it will start and you can hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key and other times it won't do anything

Stephwhaleni
This is gonna be hard to find-Check the ignition switch if its functioning correctly-