CLUTCH PRESSURE IS NOT CONSISTANT

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier • 83,000 miles

I have a 2002 Chevy Cavalier. It has been having a clutch issue re: Sometimes the clutch has good pressure when I put my foot on it to push it to the floor to shift, and other times, I can barely put my foot on it, and it has no pressure, and immediately sinks almost to the floor to shift. It has no leaks under the car, or inside the car by the clutch pedal. It's also really strange, but I can't get the clutch fluid cap off, either pulling it off or twisting it. I had another person try also, but they couldnt remove it either.
WALady

This is sounding like a faulty master cylinder, heavy pedal pressure forces the seal out and it works, light pedal pressure allows fluid to by pass the seal, I would replace the master and re bleed the system.

Mhpautos
Since I am a single woman, I would more then likely take it to a shop. What would be a resonable price to be expecting to pay for the entire job? And since I'm a woman, I don't want to be ripped off.

WALady