CHEVY LOW BEAMS

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche • V8 4WD Automatic • 120,000 miles

2002 Chevy Avalanche low beams stopped working. Bulbs replaced and fuses checked. Now what? Is there a manufacturer recall on this?
Jordangang4

Check for voltage and ground for low beams. Orange wire is voltage, yellow wire is ground for low beams. The yellow wire is grounded through the dimmer switch. Don't know about recalls?

No voltage going to low beams. I checked at the headlamp plug. Where is the dimmer switch wire?

Jordangang4
Did you use a voltage tester on the orange wire? Hi beam and lo beam get voltage from same source.

That yellow wire is ground and goes to dimmer switch.

When checking for voltage, did you have the headlamp switch on?

High beams work. No voltage where the low beam bulb plugs in at the headlamp.

Jordangang4
I will check yellow wire at dimmer switch. I had engine on and headlight switch turned on. Raining right now, can't get out there just yet.

Jordangang4
If no voltage, the dimmer switch has nothing to do with it. Use a jumper wire, proper size, just for testing, from hi beam orange wire to lo beam orange wire. Does the low beam work?