BUICK RENDEZVOUS BATTERY PROBLEM

2002 Buick Rendezvous • 70,000 miles

Went out to strart the car after it sat for 4 days and it was completely dead, no interior lights. Had to towed into a buick dealer and they replaced the battery that was 5 months old and cleaned the cables. It ran fine for 1 day and then after sitting for 2 days it was completely dead again, no lights and completely dead. Put a charger on it and took it back to the dealer and they thought the possitive battery cable was bad. They replaced the cable and let it set for the weekend and on Monday it started up fine. I took it home Monday night and Tuesday it was completely dead again.
Carpman

DID THEY TEST IT FOR A PARASITIC DRAW?

HERE'S MORE INFO ON WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT---SEE MY ANSWERS IN MY LINKS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1989-ford-tempo-98-tempo-bran-new-battery-shut-car-off-didn-t-days-now

OTHER THAN THAT---THIS OTHER LINK IS ABOUT ALL I CAN OFFER

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

KEEP US POSTED ON HOW IT GOES

Yes they tested the parasitic draw and they said it was between 8 and 22

Carpman
THAT IS A PRETTY GOOD DRAW

THEY ARE TRYING TO TRACE DOWN WHY?

DID YOU UNDERSTAND ALL OF MY GIBBERISH ABOUT WHAT PARASITIC DRAW AND HOW TO LOCATE THE SOURCE OF THE ABNORMAL DRAW?

I'M SORRY I HUNT AND PECK SO SLOW.I "LINK" INSTEAD OF PECKING OUT, ALL OVER AGAIN, SOMETHING THAT I'VE ALREADY PECKED OUT!

IF YOU STAYED WITH MY MANEUVERING (WHICH I KNOW MIGHT BE CONFUSING AND BORING) OVER TO THE PREVIOUS POSTS I'VE ANSWERED---

SURELY, YOUR DEALER KNOWS HOW TO SEARCH FOR THE SOURCE. THIS IS NOT A EVERYDAY, REAL COMMON PROBLEM THAT PEOPLE SEE. IT DOES HAPPEN AND IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT TO FIND SOMETIMES

ANY NEWS?----DID MY RAMBLING HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE POSSIBLE PROBLEM YOU HAVE A LITTLE BETTER?

Thanks for the followup, going to have them check into that further. Thanks again

Carpman
ROGER

KEEP US UPDATED

OTHERS MAY READ YOUR POST AND BENEFIT