ANTENNA REPLACEMENT

2002 Buick Century

We were going to replace the stereo with a JVC stereo we had. Anyhow, we were given some bad advice and we snipped off the end for the antenna cable on the understanding that you wire a new end on. Of course, now we know we could have just put on an adapter, but the damage has been done already. Is there any way to repair or wire on the new end, or do you have to replace the whole antenna? If you have to replace the whole antenna, where is it (there is nothing sticking up anywhere like a traditional antenna) and how would I go about doing this? Thanks!
Sunnyfield

You can buy replacement plugs but they're a little tricky to install. You may find them at Radio Shack. I got a bunch from an electrical supply company to build a radio display panel but you typically have to buy ten or more.

Once you have the plug I can describe how to install it. You'll need a small soldering iron. A big one will work too but it may be a little hard to handle.