MY 'S WIPERS WON'T PARK OR WORK ON INTERMITTENT. I REPLACED THE WIPER MOTOR BUT THIS DIDN'T FIX IT. THEY DO WORK ON LOW, HIGH AND WILL WASH.

2001 Volvo S40 • 88,000 miles

My 2001 Volvo S40's wipers won't park or work on intermittent. I replaced the wiper motor but this didn't fix it. They do work on low, high and will wash.
Hueydude

The wiper functions are controlled by the Central Electric Module (CEM) behind left end of dash. Have that checked.

Would it have to be a dealer to check this? The closest one is over an hour away so I would prefer not to. Is there any repair that can be done to the CEM or is it replacement only? (I know they run like $700 or so)

Hueydude
It requires speciality tools to check and that would mean sending it over to the dealer. For electronic components, the dealer would definitely tell you it should be replaced as a unit but you can try checking to see if there are any shops that does reman for the component.

So does this mean I can rule out replacing the switch?

Hueydude
No, you need to test and confirm if the switch is the cause or is it the CEM.

I agree with KHLow2008 that the fault will most likely be with the Central Electronic Module and it would be better to take it in to have it diagnosed properly.

JIS001