VW CABRIO, COOLING FAN WELL NOT TURN ON

2001 Volkswagen Other

While car was running and fans were on I was checking the pressure on the a/c, my son pulled the relay under the hood for the cooling fan and plugged it back in, fans stopped working, I checked fuse under dash checked out ok, replaced the relay under the dash, the temp sensor on the radiator and controller under the coolant res. Fans still well not turn on. Checked at sensor and fan motor and can get fans to run and jumped by relay under hood and fans well turn on, is there a relay under the dash that might control the circuit, any suggestions, also the a/c doesnt work but the blower motor works. Any suggestions? Thanks! Thinking about hooking up an external relay with a switch straight to the fan motor if I cant get it to work.
1RacerX

Attached is a schematic of the cooling fan circuit and while fans and engine were running, disconnecting the fan control module and plugging it back in is not a good idea.

The control module is a sensitive electronic component and current surge can damage it. Since they were working correctly prior to this, that should be the component you should be looking at first.

Check fuse # 4 in underdash fuse block.