VW AIR CONITIONER WILL NOT BLOW COLD

2001 Volkswagen GTI • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 96,000 miles

My 2001 VW GTI A/C no longer works. I have done a little research and I figure that it may be that I have to recharge it. Is there something in particular I should be charging it with or is there a universal type of freon. Also, one of my tires makes a strange "wiggling" sound even though the tire is secure. Any ideas as to what this may be?
PDejoie717

Do not just add refrigerant, if it is low you will have a leak that requires fixing correctly, and if not, adding extra refrigerant will only cause other problems, get the system check for leaks first, what do you do to make this noise with the tyre?

Mhpautos
I truly do appreciate your prompt response mhpautos. I was planning on getting recharged tomorrow but I guess I will have to get the possible leak addressed instead. As for the tire, it is very strange because I know the car was aligned less than a year ago and the tires are less than 6 months old. I can normally hear it at low speeds 5 - 35 mph. I have had other passengers mention it before so I know it must be considerably noticeable.

PDejoie717
With AC, Check the Compressor whether is not seized, uyou just open the bonnet and you use your hand to turn or move its Pulley, if it moves then its fine, then you can refill you gas and the gas name it will be on a sticker in front of the radiator. The wheel its the tie rod end, steering rack end

Mondofaya