ANY IDEAS?

2001 Volkswagen GTI • 240,000 miles

I have a 2001 VW Golf 1.8 turbo that is showing codes 00777 Throttle pedal pos sen G79 not plausible signal, 00660 Kickdown switch throttle pos sens not a plaussible signal, 00529 Rpm info missing, 00545 engine trans elec connector open circut short with ground and 01341 Engine Ecu no communication.I have replaced the engine speed sensor, the tps the battery and still no luck. The car is also starting hard now so I have ordered a coolant temp sensor. The automatic transmission also will also not shift when in drive it stays in third gear.
JamesGti

Your trans is in limp mode, until you fix the eclectric connector open it won't work right. Check your gas pedal and see if that sensor is sending anything to the throttle body if it's electrically operated. Check yoru fuel pressure but make sure you fix the other problem with short or open as that may be causing all your problems.

Exactly! Fix whats wrong first. No communication with ecm is telling you something. Also check the ecm grounds, cant say enough about making sure the grounds are secured!

Vwscott