VOLKSWAGEN GTI BATTERY PROBLEM

2001 Volkswagen GTI • 12,600 miles

Help have 2001 golf gti having problems starting dash lights up lights, windows work so cant be battery, but when I go to start nothing fed up as doesnt do it all the time so not only inconvient(as never know when it is gunna happen!) But costly as well any help would be gratefull
Cookie67

Check to make sure all battery and starter connections are tight and clean. Also, have the starter checked. It may have a dead spot and be going bad.

Thanks checked all leads they all look new? Then took out and checked all fuses on top of battery it then started 1st time. But when I drove a few miles heard a beeping sound from inside the car when driving may be this connected to the problem?Also this can usually happen when have used radio/cd player may be just cointence

Cookie67
Help! This car is driving me mad its unreliable and costly, this problem doesnt happen all the time but when it does it happens in the most inconvient time. It either wont start and can take between 5 and 20 mins to start! Then it starts like nothin has happened, but then will drivin along all dash flashes while driving along then may cut out or it wont start if u stop car and go to restart please some 1 give me some help/idea thanx

Cookie67