THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR

2001 Toyota Tacoma • 177,000 miles

The engine light was coming on and I had the code read, it said to replace the Throttle position sensor (also when I would press on the gas pedal it would surge). So I had the Throttle position sensor replaced and now the truck surges, the tach will race and it won't idle without dying. What is the next step? (Also the fuse for the horn/flasher is out because it keeps blowing the one it is supposed to have and the radio doesn't work)I am guessing because of a fuse somewhere.
Chaumo

Horn and radio are probably the same fuse. Find and fix the short.

Have you had it scanned for codes since replacing the TPS? How long have you run it since replacing the TPS? The computer needs some time to "learn" about the new sensor.

Rivermikerat
I had it replaced this morning and I have driven it about 15 miles or so just running around town.

Chaumo
Try cleaning the EGR and IAC, if so equipped. Check the ignition timing and fuel pressure.

Rivermikerat