PROPER TORQUE CONVERTER INSTALL

2001 Toyota Camry • 168 miles

I recently bought an 01 Toyota Camry CE 2.2L A140E trans. I rebuilt the blown engine but now I can't get any gear. I get a slight rise in idle in D & R. No gear at any RPM. I had to pull the engine a 2nd time. Made the huge mistake of install w/TC on flywheel. Rattled like crazy, shut it down immediately. I'm not sure if I didn't seat the TC properly or if I may have broken the trans pump on the first install or if the tranny just gave out. No noises except the rattly 2.2 engine.I let it warm up and ck the trans fluid, (all fluids and filters replaced) It feels cool to the touch. How do I know if the TC is properly seated? I also read somewhere that when installed properly, it only spins in one direction, Is this true? I think after seating it, it would turn in both directions. I may have had the trans in N. If that makes a difference. I'm stumped and dont have $1800 for rebuilt trans. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, JBB.
John BB

A trans won't go bad for no reason. Are you sure the fluid is full, the converter is bolted, the linkage is properly adjusted?

I triple ckd all of that, first thing. Didn't want to look totally dumb asking considering my first mistake. But yes, fluids full, converter is bolted and linkage is right on. ( Per manual). I'll try a TC removal and reset to see if that is the problem. I'll also remove and look at the trans fluid pump for any obvious damage. I still need to know, when the TC is properly seated, it only spins in one direction.

John BB
It spins both ways