PROPER TORQUE CONVERTER INSTALL

2001 Toyota Camry • 168 miles

I recently rebuilt the engine on my 01 camry, 2.2L A140E trans. I had to pull it a second time as I had a rear main seal issue. I'm now not sure if seated the torque converter properly or if the trans was bad when I bought it. ( Bought w/ blown engine, assured trans was good.) Changed all engine and trans fluid and filters. I get nothing on any gear except a slight rise in idle. If I didn't seat it properly the first time, could I have possibly broken the trans pump, If so, would the break be visible from the outside or would it only break on the inside, behind the front cover. I run it till its warm and ck the trans fluid, It feel cool to the touch. Now, do I have either a bad TC or bad trans. I also saw somewhere that the TC will only turn in one directon when seated properly, Is this true? I think it was turning freely in both directions. I may have had the trans in neutral, not sure if that makes a diff. I've never used a forum b4 now. Is a $5 donation too little? I don't know how this works. Thank you for any help you can give me. JB.
John BB

If you broke the oil pump you can taek teh converter out and look inside with a flashlight. The pump tangs should be accross from each other but it still could be broken. Best way is to take the pump out and take it apart. But before you do that put a pressure gauge on it to see if there is any pressure as you could have a seal or clutch proble as well.

Does it matter which hose I ck the pressure on? And would a break in the trans fluid pump be visible on the outside or just on the inside? As for the TC seating, does it only turn one way when installed correctly?

John BB
There should be apressure tap on the side of the case not a hose. Pic enclosed.