I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT MAY BE WRONG WITH MY CAR BEFORE I TOW IT TO BE FIXED FOR FINANCIAL REASONS

2001 Suzuki Esteem • 89,000 miles

I was coming out of a drive thru and all of a sudden it sounded like something fell in the engine area and was draging (I couldn't see anything underneath, I was able to drive a short before it would not go any further. Prior to this there was a noise when I backed out and turned the wheel. Do you think the motor mount broke or could it be the transmission? I am presently on a fixed income and would like to know if I can afford to have it towed to the shop. Thank you.
Jrs52

Without more info its hard to say what happened your going to have to see what broke. So why doesn't it drive anymore?

I have no idea (not mechanically inclined) I had costed down a hill and a young man helped me put it in drive and park it off the street. When I pushed on the gas it stopped moving after I got to the bottom of the hill.

Jrs52
So the engine runs but it wont move will in gear and pressing the gas?Also do you have a manual or automatic transmission?