SATURN SL1 DOOR PROBLEM

2001 Saturn SL1 • 138,000 miles

Started up car but immediately shut off, could not put the car in gear. Stuck in park. Power doors and the interior lights would not work. Was using my spare key and not the orginal. Called and spoke with a tech, he said something about a passlock where the car didnt regonize the spare key. He told me to lock the doors and reopen the door with the orginal key.I did that and the car started up, power doors worked, interior lights worked and I was able to drive off! Well that didn't last for long, when I got to my destination and turned the car off, the same thing wold happen all over again. Sometimes it would take me over an hour to get the car to start back up. Is it an issue with the key entry or something electrical?

The S model that year doesn't have a chip in the key the pass lock sensor is in the ignition housing. So it doesn't start sometimes?If so does it crank no start or no crank no start?Also when it won't start is the security light on solid or flashing?