THE FUEL FILTER HAS NEVER BEEN CHANGED ON THIS VEHICLE. WOULD THAT CAUSE A ROUGH IDLE ?

2001 Saturn SL1 • 205,000 miles

The engine light came on. Two P codes -0410 and 0442. This is after the light stayed off for about 1000 miles. The last time it was misfire and I replaced the wires and plugs but I noticed one of the threads in the cylinder hole are stripped and that plug didn't fully seat but I didn't get any misfire codes this time and I can't find a vacuum leak. It was running fine until now.
Almon_

No, one code is for the secondary air and the other is an evap code.

After 1000 miles? Was it on before?

Just to add to this one the 2000-2002 single cam S models are known for the number one intake port leaking where the intake meets the head.I have replaced tons of intake manifold gaskets on those gaskets leaking. They wrinkled the gasket when installing them at the factory. For the P0442 I would make sure that both vacuum lines are on the canister purge solenoid under the intake manifold. The common reason for the p0410 code is a bad combonation valve.I would also replace the fuel filter they should be changed every 100,000 miles by now its pretty clogged up.