INTERMITTENT WON'T STOP AFTER THE INITIAL RUN FOR THE DAY

2001 Saturn L300 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 116,000 miles

After an overnight parking and I turn on the ignition, the car starts and runs, then when I get to my destination, parked the car and come back say after 1 hour to 45 minutes, the car will start but not run. Left it for another hour, came back and start the car, it runs but when I applied my brake at a stop light, the car died. The car is used once a week only and has about 116,000++ in mileage. Last time I filled the gas was almost a month, still has just below half full, its saturn L300 v6, Y2001
Mlbabustan

First thing I want you to do is take it to a auto zone and have them scan it for codes then have them check the battery and alternator. Then make sure the battery cables are clean and tight in that order. If you have any codes let me know the exact code numbers. You could have a bad crank sensor or charging or battery issue.