MY TRUNK LIGHT GOES ON AND OFF IN COLD WEATHER AND SETS OFF THE ALARM WHEN ACTIVATED. CAN I BYPASS THE SENSOR?

2001 Saturn L200 • 150,000 miles

When it gets cold outside I notice the trunk open light on the dash going on and off while I'm driving. If I park then arm the alarm and come back later I am greeted by three beeps from the horn indicating the alarm was going off.

It seems the trunk sensor is causing the alarm problem. Can I disconnect the sensor somehow so that the alarm system thinks the trunk is always closed? This car is getting old and I really don't want to put any money into it. I've been leaving one door unlocked to prevent the alarm from activating but that's not the safest option.
Timsit

Well the switch is either reading open or closed/on or off. So unplugging or that+ jumpering could solve problem?

Fixitmr
Your trunk is out of adjustment or your trunk latch switch is going bad.A latch cant be that much try moving the trunk uo and down while watching the light. You can try adjusting your trunk striker up a little.