4 CYL BRAKE PEDAL IS LOW

2001 Saturn L200 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 108,000 miles

2001 Saturn L200 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 108,000 miles. I recently purchased a 2001 Saturn L200, the car runs great except when pushing the brake pedal the first time the pedal is low. After a second push (pump) the pedal comes up quite a bit and is firmer. Either time the car stops fine it's just the pedal is lower than I'd like. Is the master cylinder bypassing? I thought if this was the case the pedal would sink to the floor and this is not the case. I had the brakes inspected and there is plenty of pad/shoe with no apparent leaks. Thanks.
2CarPros-Archives

Try this simple test, before you first use the brakes pull the parking brake up and see if this brings up your pedal height. If it does, then the rear brakes need adjustment or replacement. Check them before you adjust them, it will make it easier to get the drums off.

2CarPros-Archives