SECURITY LIGHT ON FLASHING WILLN'T LET CAR START? IT SHUTS DOWN EVERYTHING ON MY CAR

2001 Saturn L100 • 116,698 miles

I have gone by my manual what it tells me to do, wait the 10 mins, then turn it back off then back on this should start the car. This happens all the time. It drives me nuts, I have waited till the security light goes out, disable battery on my car, then wait 5 mins, then hooked battery back, then start the car. This seems to help. But to me this is alot of work just to get my security light to stop flashing. Can the alarm be disable on this car? What else is causing this to happen all the time. This is so crazy. Scared to drive my car anywhere in case this happens to me when I go to the store or any place. Iam a woman. I don't care to be stuck some place if I can't get it started because of my stuipd security system on the saturn. What do I need to do about this to get this fix so it will stop doing this. My saturn is l100 2001.
Sunflower48

So does anything stop working ever like the fuel gauge temp gauge dome light power door locks keyless entry if you have those?Also I dont see what disconnecting the battery has to do with anything. To reset the security light you would crank the car to start it leave the key in the run position till the security light turns off. Then turn the key off for 30 seconds then do the same thing two more times. Thats how you relearn thr pass lock on that car. But when you have you have problems with the security system sometimes it only takes one or two learn cycles to get it to start. You are going to have to take it to a repair shop that can read body control module codes those are codes that start with the letter B followed by a 4 digit number that is your starting point. Most of the codes you will get to diagnose the code yourself you will need a multimeter and scan tool that can read body control module codes and live data from the body control module. Most the time the problem you decribe your having is caused by a bad body control modle or a bad pass lock sensor.

No, I still can beep with my alarm key, the light comes on, but it shuts down my fuel injectors and fuel pump. Its like someone is trying to steel my car, what the security system thinks. So iam not able to start my car, I have to put it in the run postion for 10mins, wait till security light stops blinking, then turn it back to off postion then try to start my car, if this doesn't work, then have to follow same steps again. Wait the ten mins with key in the run postion, then after security light stops blinking turn the key to off postion then back to start my car. Disconnection the battery seems to just helps like reset the system. Then my car does start after that. Just did that last week, so that worked for one week, now its back to doing the same thing. Security light blinks car doesn't start because it shuts down fuel pump fuel injectors. Its like that security system is saying hey someone is trying to steel your car.
This is the crazy thing I have seen with a security system on a car. What is a body control module?

Sunflower48
The body control module is slid into a channel on top of you glove box you cant change it yourself it has to be programed with mileage options calibration file etc. If everything else works like its supposed to then most likely ita a bad pass lock sensor not the body control module. But without checking for codes and doing some testing that would just be a guess.

What is the pass lock sensor? Is that part of the security system on the car? Is that why the light blinks and willn't let me car start? Where is the pass lock sensor at on the car? Just so I know when I take it to get fixed, so I know what Iam talking about, if they check the codes will that till them what the problem is if its the pass lock sensor is bad.

Sunflower48
The pass lock sensor is the sensor that makes it so you need the ignition cylinder to turn to start the car not just a pair of pliers without the ignition cylinder. The sensor is part of the ignition housing so to replace the sensor you would have to replace the ignition housing. The codes would lead them to a trouble tree to follow to see why the car doesnt start and the security light stays on. The code wont say just replace the pass lock sensor.I was just saying from many expernices with this car I think most likely you have a bad pass lock sensor.