HAD THROTTLE BODY REPLACED, BRAND NEW, AND NOW SAYING (CODED) THROTTLE SPRING IS WEAK. WHY AND HOW DO I FIX IT?

2001 SAAB 9-3 • 130,000 miles

I just had the throttle body replaced and mechanic drove it. He said it was good to go. I drove it and stepped on it a little and noticed less power then CEL came in. Took it back to mech. And he coded it saying that it is a weak throttle spring. It is a brand new not refurbed TB. Can the spring be ajusted?
Triryanpark

Was this a genuine throttle body fitted or an after market unit, I say this as you do often see after market units that do not work as they should even if they are new.

Mhpautos
As I was told it is. It came from a large SAAB car dealership.

Triryanpark
What was the code?

Not exactly sure. I did see on mechanic code reader say weak throttle spring

Triryanpark
Never heard of any code for that.

I believe it was p1260. The throttle feels soft too. Not as responsive even in sport mode.

Triryanpark
Fault symptoms

CHECK ENGINE.

On-Board Diagnostics

Type of diagnosis: Continuous. But interrupted when fault criteria fulfilled and will not restart until next driving cycle.

Enable criteria: Ignition in ON position.

Fault criteria: Throttle motor receiving close to 0% PWM in open direction for 4 s.

Dependents: None.

System reaction to a fault: None

Ok report: Accelerator pedal has been depressed at some time and then fully released. 120 s has expired since then without fault criteria being fulfilled.

Fault handling: (For more information, See: Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview Description of On-Board Diagnostics Fault Handling III Other Emission-Related Components & Function)

Type III.

Diagnostic help
Throttle return spring is too weak.

Checking the wiring
Jiggle the wiring harness at several points and in different directions to detect intermittent breaks and short circuits. Observe the multimeter, diagnostic tool or test lamp during the check.

Proceed to Diagnostic Procedures See: Diagnostic Procedures Diagnostic Procedure

I would return to the installer and have them re check there work

Thanks! Will send this to mechanic!

Triryanpark
Good luck