DRIVER'S DOOR WINDOW NOT WORKING PROPE

2001 Pontiac Montana

Other Category problem
2001 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

The power window on the driver's door is not closing properly. It appears to be " off track" or something. It gets part way up and then the back end tilts forward. This prompts 2 questions, 1. What would be causing that problem and 2. What is the best way to remove the door panel so I can take a look at it?
Tboyd57

Normally, I wouldn't even attempt to answer anything about a car! But, I just got my 2003 Montana back from the dealer a week ago. This was exactly one of the problems they diagnosed for me. They told me that the run channel was binding, and need replaced. It's binding on the front part of the window, and causing the back to tilt forward. Although the mechanic that looked at it, said it just needed lubricated.
Good luck!

Crysta84
Hi I have a 2001 and the window does the same thing all I did was spry it with armerall and it fixed it just reaply every couple months

Wally83
If anyone else runs into this type of an issue.Here's a great video that will show you exactly how to take the door panel off of your 97-05 Pontiac Montana.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJRc1zTJ5Cw

1ATony
Thanks to A1Tony, this video really helps me with my door speaker repair!

Murrayandrew1
U will need to replace the front channel and the 2 window clips.1 in the front and 1 in the back.

Cadieman