PONTAIC 3.4 PROBLEMS WITH THE GEAR SHIFTER SEEMS LIKE ITS IN NETURAL BUT IS IN DRIVE

2001 Pontiac Grand Am • 10,000 miles

My car just wont drive. I parked on a down-wards hill and ever since I left that hill my car wont shift. I've checked my transmition fluid, my cadilac converter is not clogged. Plz help
Joeyntori3

You mention checking the fluid, is it full, not burned? Is there a check engine light on, any noises? Does it just have no forward gears, but has reverse, or no gears at all?

Factoryjack
I'm not 100% its full because I dont have a dips stick. No new noises other than when ur driving u go to push the gas n it acts like its in netural it drives but had troubles getting over 30 35 mph. Has reverse and when u put it in the 1st 2nd and 3rd it will drive ok juss dont drive in drive

Joeyntori3
Without knowing it is truly full of fluid, and the condition that fluid is in, there isn't much recommendation I can make. The symptom you describe could be internal transmission related, or it could be related to low fluid level. Obviously, to have low fluid level, that would suggest a leak. Is it leaking transmission fluid at all?

Factoryjack
No the car does not leak anything, and I did not see if I lost fluids when I was parked on the hill. What about a solenoid is bad in my tranny?

Joeyntori3
Never mind I paid 2 $ for something I could figure out my self! Ty tho

Joeyntori3
Joey, not having a dipstick could actually allow transmission fluid to evaporate out. Not knowing if it's full, or what condition the fluid is in makes it difficult to decide whether the problem is fluid related or component related.

You may be experiencing symptoms related to a bad solenoid that could also be caused by low fluid level or burned fluid.

Rivermikerat