PONTIAC GRAND AM SENSOR PROBLEM

2001 Pontiac Grand Am • 255,000 miles

My engine wont start after battery died the battey was old so I bought a new one and replaced it and it wont start now and I cant figure it out
Vachelgabriel

Is the security light on solid or flashing?Does it crank and not start or no crank no start?

Its on solid then shuts off and it cranks but does not start I can hear the fuel pump priming also

Vachelgabriel
So does the security light stay on solid as long as the key is in the run position?

Yes it does when I put it to on or acc

Vachelgabriel
That's why it won't start the security system is keeping it from starting. Have you trued relearning the pass lock sensor?

Okay thank you I'm going to try it what is the best way to do it

Vachelgabriel
Try starting the car then let the key go back to the run position don't turn it past that position. Wait for the security to turn off then turn the key to the off position for 10 seconds. Then repeat that two more times if the pass lock sensor relearns then the car should start on the 4th time you try to start it.